Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wikipedia Topic Proposal

The article topic I propose to write about is “Chechen Terrorism.” My special interests in current events are conflicts and terrorism. I intend to learn about a terrorist organization that has no direct opposition to the United States and its allies. This topic is similar, not to my academic interests, but to my interests in extra-curricular activities.
Chechen terrorists and insurgents are made up of multiple jihadist terrorist groups seeking independence from Russia. They are located in Chechnya and other countries in the North Caucasus region. They have very similar methods to other jihadist organizations such as Al-Qaeda, Taliban, and Al-Shabaab.
I believe this topic is very important because there are many reports that the Chechen groups are connected and funded by terrorist organizations in the Middle East and Northern Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment