Thursday, September 30, 2010

Organization and Preparation Tips Q&A's

1.       I believe the author’s three most important points out of the ten points he pointed out are “ #4 Keep it simple,” “#5 Outlining your content,” and “#10 Confidence – How to get it.” These three points alone can make a great presentation for many reasons. Keeping it simple will help make your presentation interesting and easy to understand. Putting too much information in a presentation will only take away the audience’s patience and interest. Outlining your content allows the presentation to flow smoothly. You can’t have a good presentation without a plan or outline. Maintaining your confidence during presentation helps make a great impact on the audience. It is important to practice, because the more you practice, the better the outcome of the presentation.
2.       The two points that caught my attention were “#2 Know your audience as well as possible” and “#8 Can you pass the “elevator test”?” Every time I have made presentations, I have never thought about who I was presenting it to or whether I would have to explain it walking down the hallway or presenting it on a PowerPoint. The next time I make a presentation, I will think about my audience, whether they are students, parents, business officials, or the general public. For examples, I would have to choose whether I would need to give a background story or not. I will make a backup plan in case I have to face the elevator test.
3.       A presentation is similar to a product design in many ways. Both require an outline/plan in order to create it. A presentation and product’s goal is to attract customers/audiences in order to succeed. Both must create a design that will meet the public’s expectations by making it understandable and usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment