Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Final Blog Post

1.       The argument paper we had to write was the toughest assignment for me. When it comes to writing papers, it is easy to write once I find a topic I am familiar with and have a lot of resources to use. For this assignment, it was a topic I wasn’t too familiar with and the research was very limited. It was an assignment that I made to hard for myself. My most rewarding assignment was the Wikipedia Article assignment. The topic, Chechen Insurgency, was very fun to research due to my interests in foreign policy and militia organizations. When I wrote the article, I learned a lot about Chechen rebels. The articles by Donald Norman were very interesting and compelling. As I read the articles, I finally understood how much work companies have to do in order to design and sell products effectively
2.       There were two very important things I learned from the seminar. First, I learned how a product needs to be designed properly to meet the customers’ demand. It is important to look into the three aspects of design: visceral, behavioral, and reflective. Second, I learned what kind of products can change the way people live, such as the internet, digital information, and etc. An example of a design that changed people’s lives is the rise of suburban residency.
3.       I have some interest about going into business after college and what I have learned from this seminar will be very helpful for my future career in the business.  My main interest is becoming an economic analyst for the government or private sector and I can use my knowledge from this seminar to analyze more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment