Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Science of Shopping Q&A's

1.       The main point in this article is retail stores must adapt to how people shop in order to get the most of their customers. Examples of how customers interact in a store is female customers tend to walk through men’s and women’s section of a clothing store, while male customers only tend to walk through the men’s section. This study should indicate that clothing stores should put the men’s section in the front and the women’s section in the back. Another example of customer interaction is customers tend to spot items on the right of their 45 degree angle vision. Paco Underhill gives many examples of how customers interact throughout a retail store.
2.       I am not influence by the store’s design as much as an average customer because I usually go shopping for a specific item. Sometimes, when I find my item(s), I will look throughout the store to let time pass by. Majority of the time, I don’t buy another item when I walk through the store. I am a person who relies on his visual skills and enjoys looking at everything I see in my daily life. When I am in a store, I look at every single item in a specific section, but only buy a few depending on how much cash I have or what I intend to buy.
3.        My checklist:
a.       Is the store’s layout easy to follow? Can I find a specific item easily?
b.      Are customers forced to look at many items in order to find a specific item?
c.       Location of the store
d.      What are the customers’ initial reaction when seeing the store/store layout
e.      Are customers able to figure out which items are better quality/cheaper?
f.        Can customers see a specific product/service performing its function?
g.       Is the store in the right environment? Do customers feel comfortable around the store?

No comments:

Post a Comment