Sunday, October 10, 2010

Isn't it Iconic? Q&A's

1.       Packaging is very important in marketing a product because it is what catches the customers’ attention.  “The concept of designing an iconic package-a package that, in its essence, becomes a signature part of the overall brand-has become something of a holy grail for brand mangers and package designers these days.” (Gordon 1). The package itself has to stand out from its similar products in order to successfully attract customers. An example of me buying a product based on its package is video games. I have noticed that very good games have a great box art design while other games that are considered bad, usually have a bland package design. This is how I bought Halo 3, not because of its popularity, but because I thought it would be cool to have its box art be a part of my video game collection.
2.       A well designed package is the peanut butter brand, Jif. It stands out more on the shelves due to its large letters and its red, blue, and green rainbow.
3.       Overall, a poor package design is one that is too complicated because complicated designs tend to blend with other products, preventing it from standing out more. To be honest, I cannot think of a product that has a poor package design because I usually don’t buy those or its hard to remember them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment